Frequently Asked Questions

EHRWSD water bills are based on a facility charge plus the actual usage. There are a multitude of reasons your bill may be higher than normal. Watering the garden or lawn, small leaks, running toilets, additional residents, etc.

If your bill is higher than normal please check your bathrooms. Leaks in the faucet or a running toilet can be the most common and most costly leak within the home. Also, there could be a leak that cannot be seen or heard but a simple dye test could help. Start by flushing your toilet and wait for the tank to refill. Once full, put a few drops of food coloring, or dye tablets (available at our office), in the back tank and wait about an hour. If color shows up in the bowl, the flapper valve or plunger ball in the back tank may need replaced. Do this in each toilet in the house including ones that are rarely used.

If it does not seem to be the cause for the increase in water usage, check the remaining plumbing around the house. Outdoor spigots, hoses, faucets, hot water tanks, water softeners, etc. could be a cause as well. EHRWSD can check your exterior service line for leaks, but a plumber is required to check the interior of the home.


There could be a few reasons for the interruption of service:

  • Non-payment on a past due water bill
  • No billing information for a new account
  • The main shut off valve to your house has been shut off
  • Repairs on the water main near your home
  • An emergency outage in your areas, please call 740-474-3114 or visit our website for outages

Freezing pipes is a possibility during extreme cold weather. If you have water in part of your home you may have a frozen line in an exterior wall.  If you have no water to the house you may have a frozen meter. In that event you will need to call our office at 740-474-3114.

There are two types of boil notifications:

Precautionary Boil Advisory:

A boil advisory is required any time there is an outage, even at times the water main is not opened for repairs. Precautionary boil advisories are necessary whenever a water main breaks or is hit by a contactor working in the area. As the water main is opened for repairs, there is a slight chance for contamination to enter the main line. Once repairs are completed, a hydrant is opened to flush out any contamination that may have entered the main. The boil advisory is a precautionary step while waiting for bacteriological test results to confirm the water  is safe. These tests typically take 24 hours, but could be longer.

Boil Alert:

Boil alerts are put into place when the bacteriological test results do not confirm the water is safe to drink. It is important for customers in the affected areas to boil before consumption until we can confirm the water is safe to drink. Information regarding active boil advisories or boil alerts will be posted on our website.

It is important to make sure we have a current phone number on file so we can contact you in the event of a boil advisory or boil alert.

During a boil advisory:

Do not consume tap water that has not been disinfected, ice or drinks made from tap water that has not been disinfected, or raw foods rinsed with tap water that has not been disinfected. Disinfect water by: Boiling at a rolling boil for 1 minute. Safe alternative sources of potable water include bottled, treated or distilled water.

Upon rescinding of a boil advisory:

Flush household pipes/faucets; as general guidance, run cold water faucets for 3 minutes each if they have not been used in the last 24 hours. Flush home automatic icemakers by making three batches of ice cubes and discard all three batches.

We are willing to work with our customers and will try our best to make accommodations to avoid disconnected water service. Please call our Customer Service department Monday through Friday from 8AM to 4PM at 740-474-3114 BEFORE your service is set to be disconnected.

Yes, please call our office at 740-474-3114 and we will have the lid height adjusted at your property.

EHRWSD does not install the service line from the meter pit or curb stop to the owner’s home, therefore, the responsibility lies with the homeowner. If you feel there is a leak in the service line, please contact our Customer Service department to schedule an appointment to have a technician visit your property.

Emergency service is available 24 hours a day. To report an outage please contact us at (740) 474-3114 EXT 8 or toll free at (800) 474-3114.

Please call our Customer Service department Monday through Friday from 8AM to 4PM at 740-474-3114.

To establish new service, please visit our office to complete the appropriate User Agreement and a copy of your Driver’s License. New service can start as early as the next business day.

Get a head start:
Water User Agreement
Water & Sewer User Agreement

To disconnect service, please call our Customer Service department at 740-474-3114 and they will gladly assist you with your request.

• In person:
2030 Stoneridge Drive, Circleville, OH 43113
Office Hours: 8AM to 4PM or Night Drop: 24/7 (located near drive thru)

• Mail:
PO Box 151, Circleville, OH 43113

• Automatic Payment (free):
Automated Payment Authorization Form
Will be drafted from checking/savings account on due date, or business day before if due date falls on a holiday or a weekend.
*Please note: Continue making your payment until your bill indicates the Automatic Payment is established for next due date.

• Bill Pay:
Utilize your bank’s Bill Pay service to send an electronic or paper check by inputting your account number and our mailing address (above).

• Online ($1.95 fee):
Immediate payments can be made using Visa, MasterCard, Discover and e-check by paying through our website.
Register online to view your bill electronically, receive email notifications, go Paperless and more.

No, if the leak was responsibility of EHRWSD, we will restore the site back to its original condition. However, it is necessary to allow time for the site to settle before completing the restoration.

Yes, EHRWSD provides both water and sewer for applicable areas. EHRWSD provides sewer billing services for Pickaway County sewer customers living in Circle Hills, Wintergreen, Knollwood Village, Clarks Lake, Fox Lair Farms Mobile Home Park and Derby. In order to start or stop sewer services with Pickaway County, please contact their office at 740-474-1764.

Yes, each user will pay a facility charge for each meter based on the size of the meter installed. Please visit our General Info page to view the current Schedule of Rates & Fees.

A bill becomes delinquent if the amount due on the account has not been paid in full by the due date. Failure to pay before the due date will result in a 10% penalty on the amount not paid. Should the water service be disconnected due to delinquency, the account balance and all associated fees must be paid in full before the water service is restored.

Yes! Please visit our website and log into your account through our payment portal. From here you can update your personal information and elect for paperless billing.